In the spring of 1896, the first Czech Catholic immigrant bought land and settled in Haugen. In May of 1897, Fr. Xavier Till celebrated the first Mass in Haugen at the home of Joseph Vinopal. That same month, permission was received from Bishop James Schwebach of La Crosse to build a church in Haugen. Mr. Rozolt, a local real estate dealer, donated three acres of property for a new church. The new church was dedicated on the feast of the Most Blessed Trinity in 1901. On April 30, 1912, the parish purchased a small lot on the edge of town for a future church. In June 1914, Fr. Adalbert Janda became the first resident pastor. Construction of a parish school began in 1925 and the school was dedicated on August 14, 1927. Construction for a new and larger church began in October 1950. Bishop Albert G. Meyer blessed the new church on July 26, 1951. The dedication also marked the 50th anniversary of the first church and 25th anniversary of the parish school. Twenty-five years later, Bishop George A. Hammes celebrated the 50th anniversary of the school. With declining enrollment, the school closed in 1989. At the same time, the building, which housed the teaching Sisters, was razed and the rectory was remodeled and converted into the Bishop George A. Hammes Center for Religious Education and Youth Ministry.