Posted 4/21/2022 / Updated 6/2/2022 – Director of Religious Education
Director of Religious Education and/or Director of Evangelization and Discipleship
The cluster of Holy Trinity, St. John the Evangelist, Our Lady of Lourdes, and St. Joseph Catholic Churches is seeking a Director of Religious Education / Director of Evangelization and Discipleship to lead, grow and develop our vibrant religious education programs and fulfillment of the catechetical mission of the Four Parishes, One Faith community.
This is a professional and managerial position that oversees that department and reports directly to the Pastor. This requires the supervision of Religious Education Staff and volunteers in programs for adults, youth, and children. If God willing, and the right applicant with appropriate experience applies we may also consider this person for the role of Director of Evangelization and Discipleship. Our administrative team believes in each person sharing their God-given gifts for the church so the position description is left fluid so that each person is able to discern their gifts to the church.
Director of Religious Education
You will oversee programs such as:
- Sacramental Preparation of Baptism
- First Communion
- Rite of Christian Initiation
- Coordination of adult bible studies
This person will also manage:
- Curriculum preparation
- budget preparation and supervision
- mission outreach and evangelization both on and off-campus
Some professional development at conferences, workshops, and deanery meetings; and light travel are required. The qualified candidate will have a desire to help people grow in their faith, support and engage in relational ministry, and possess a minimum certificate at the CRE level with a goal of working toward DRE certification.
And/or Director of Evangelization and Discipleship
- Plan programs that move adults in the parish from unchurched to resilient discipleship through a variety of programs ranging from evangelization to rich catechesis.
- Oversee and mentor parish catechetical leaders and volunteers responsible for early childhood, grade school, and teen discipleship.
- Work with diocesan offices and parish leaders to compose a strategy for evangelization and discipleship.
- Build intentional relationships with adults in the parish every year
- Recruit and train leaders to help run various programming, e.g. table leaders, hospitality coordinators, presenters, etc.
- Implement programming for various areas of evangelization and discipleship:
- Pre-evangelization: social events with simple kerygmatic witness (For example, concerts, new member welcome dinners, etc.)
- Evangelization: programs or large events with strong kerygmatic witness (For example, programs like Christ Life or Alpha, and/or large parish events like bringing in speakers, dynamic holy hours with speaker and meal, etc.)
- Discipleship: small group ministry, adult catechesis programs, men’s and women’s ministries, spiritual direction, retreats.
- Build relationships with various adult ministries (Knights of Columbus, Elizabeth Ministry, Men’s and Women’s Small Groups, etc.) to help instill mission of evangelization across the parish.
- Work with the Diocesan Department of Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship as well as the Department of Catholic Formation and represent the parish at various meetings and conferences pertaining to formation.
- Coordinate the RCIA Program, Baptism Prep Program and Marriage Prep Program as natural outcomes of parish evangelization and discipleship efforts.
- Monitor, in consultation with pastor and parish finance council, an annual budget.
- Work with and mentor the Parish Catechetical Leaders responsible for youth formation to dovetail programming between ministries.
- Evaluate the programs to determine strengths, areas of improvement and future needs.
- Perform any other pertinent duties as assigned by the pastor.
Director of Religious Education and/or Director of Evangelization and Discipleship Requirements
- Three years of experience is desired.
- Must be living in full sacramental communion with the Catholic Church.
- Experience in discipleship and evangelization is preferred.
- Must exhibit skills in interpersonal communication, collaborative ministry and public speaking as well as be competent in applying various catechetical methods and basic program development.
- Proficiency in MS Office Software is required.
Please send resume and contact information to Pastor via mail at 111 W. Marshall St. Rice Lake, WI 54868 or email at email@example.com